Running Time: Aprox 1 hr. 14 min.
Track Pick: Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Bang!
Original Text Accompaniment:
and would you please explain about the 50 ways...?
01. slip out the back, jack.
02. make a new plan, stan.
03. hop on the bus, gus.
04. drop off the key, lee.
05. son, you must go back to the life.
06. go pack your bags; take up your scythe.
07. this world wasn’t meant for us both.
08. you're embarrassing me.
09. you're embarrassing you.
10. this isn't goodnight, this is goodbye.
11. as a fuck, son, you sucked.
12. my skin tonight is a’blazing, but i don't think you're my type.
13. what i need tonight’s the real thing; i need the real thing tonight.
14. i'm leaving while you turn away.
15. remember when i said ‘i love you’? well, forget it; i take it back.
16. found eighteen reasons i can't pick up on the phone.
17. i've been wonderin' what i'm about.
18. i've been thinkin' about the road.
19. but all this dirty talkin' and all these whores a-drinkin' , all this worried walkin' and all this worried talk and i'm movin' out.
20. when your rooster crows at the break of dawn, look out your window and i'll be gone.
21. we never did too much talkin', anyway.
22. goodbye's too good a word, babe, so i’ll just say fare thee well.
23. you could have done better, but i don't mind.
24. she told me she worked in the morning and started to laugh. i told her i didn’t, and crawled off to sleep in the bath.
25. this bird has flown.
26. i'm not the one you want, babe. i will only let you down.
27. it ain't me you're lookin' for, babe.
28. you'll be happier when i'm gone.
29. things got weird, and i started growing bob dylan's beard.
30. you'll never touch him again, so get what you can.
31. one more night, the end should be a good one.
32. and as the summer's ending, the cool air will rush your hard heart away.
33. and this is all that's left: the empty bottles, spent cigarettes.
34. so pack a change of clothes, 'cuz it's time to move on.
35. you tell me what you want, and i'll tell you what you get: you get away from me.
36. collected my belongings and i left the jail. well thanks for the time, i needed to think a spell; i had to think awhile.
37. let's just forget everything said, and everything we did.
38. not to be overly dramatic, i just think it's best.
39. you can't miss what you forget.
40. so let's just pretend everything and anything between you and me was never meant.
41. fools leave too soon.
42. well i'm not dead yet, but the regrets are killing me.
43. we might not be fooling around today.
44. at the end of a song so long, say goodbye good.
45. you are a china shop, and i am a bull.
46. you are really good food, and i am full.
47. i don’t want to risk our paths crossing some day, so you walk that way, i’ll walk this way.
48. the world’s got me dizzy again; you’d think after 22 years i’d be used to the spin. and it only feels worse when i stay in one place, so i’m always pacing around or walking away.
49. so i’m up at dawn, putting on my shoes. i just want to make a clean escape. i’m leaving but i don’t know where to.
50. so tell me girl, do i have to say please? or do i have to involve the police?
NOTE ONE: Ok, so the track pick is purely arbitrary. All of these songs are clearly fucking golden.
NOTE TWO: The reason this post is labeled "vintage-ish" is that I have changed one of the tracks from its original form/placement, upgrading to a far superior Dylan cover (Metric FTW). "Don't Think Twice" also happens to be my favorite Dylan song in all its original finger-picked glory. But yeah, enjoy this cover, and dig the original on your own time. Also-- please mentally replace that stupid Alanis cover with the real Fab Four track. Thank you.
NOTE THREE: Grooveshark is stupid. Do the refresh/rescroll thing if you have problems. Also, let me know if one of the tracks is cut off or something and I'll try to replace it. Also holler if you want any of these em-pee-threezies.
NOTE FOUR: I once saw a stripper dance to a techno remix of "50 Ways." Asked her who did it, and she did not know. :-/
NOTE FIVE: Alkaline Trio will always hold a special place in my <3.
Thank you, Paul.